Business Innovation South set to be bigger and better than ever
Friday February 7th, 2020
A new venue and even more ideas for showcasing the best of business innovation in the south will be just part of the new bigger and better format for BIS Expo 2020.
The exhibition for established southern based businesses from within the Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation sectors as well as aligned service providers, will take place on September 23 at the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl.
The expo is aimed at providing an affordable showcase for companies in STEM and innovation and their aligned service providers across the south and for our visitors the aim is to create a forum for decision makers/procurement execs to see the latest technology, products and services available to help drive their business forward.
In addition to the larger open plan venue of the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl, new elements in 2020 include:
- Two Workshop Zones with 8 workshops running throughout the day so visitors can enjoy a more interactive experience
- Major Business Zone so leading employers can not only showcase their latest developments but also the potential for regional businesses to collaborate or become suppliers
- VR, AR, AI Zone
- Tomorrow’s Business World Zone
- Exhibitor breakfast so companies can network ahead of visitors arriving
- Wider range of stand sizes and costs to meet every companies budget
- Exhibitors shared website portal
In 2019, 65 businesses took part in the inaugural event. The aim of the event was to help business leaders to address multiple challenges in one day by creating a total solutions hub. Visitors had the chance to see the very latest cutting edge breakthroughs covering everything from cyber technology, marketing and digital wizardry and drone photography.
Diana Galpin, Head of Technology Transfer & Impact Programmes at the University of Southampton, said: “The University of Southampton was proud to support the first Business Innovation South Expo in 2019. We were there to make new connections with the local business community, to showcase some of the expertise we have available and ways we can collaborate with businesses. The event delivered and we are looking forward to developing strong relationships from some of the exciting new connections made. “
If you would like to find out more about this years event, you can do so here: businessinnovationsouth.com