Brockhampton West, Havant
Brockhampton West is a high quality gateway employment site in the South of the county which could provide about 15,000 sq. m of new warehousing floor space. Situated directly to the south and adjacent to the A27, the site benefits from excellent connectivity to the strategic road network and is well placed to take advantage of growth within the transport, distribution and logistics sector. The landowner, Havant Borough Council, is looking to bring the site forward for development.
Accessed via Harts Farm Way and located in close proximity to junction 5 of the A3 (M) and A27, overlooking Langstone Harbour.
Brockhampton West is allocated within the Havant Borough Local Plan (Allocations) Development Plan Document for new manufacturing and/or warehousing uses, and re-allocated for warehousing purposes (Class B8) under Policy C10 in the Pre-Submission Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036.
Plot size & estimated employment floor space provision:
|Plot size (ha)||Plot size (acres)||Floor space (sq. ft.)||Floor space (sq. m)|
|9.41||23.25||75,000 – 251,876||7,000 – 23,400|
- High quality gateway employment site for Havant, with the opportunity to provide jobs and employment in an accessible location
- Located in close proximity to Junction 5 of the A3 (M) and directly adjacent to the A27, benefitting from excellent connectivity to the strategic road
- Development should integrate careful design of buildings and integrates extensive screening to mitigate any potential impact on changes to views from Langstone Harbour
- The site was once part of the historic Harts Farm Way Landfill site and contains landfill gas which will require a bespoke drainage solution that caps the contamination and does not allow draining water to flow through the land
- Future development presents the opportunity to enhance the Hermitage Stream and its setting, as well as the habitat of the Broadmarsh Coastal Park and the surrounding.
Local authority: Havant Borough Council
Development address: Harts Farm Way, Havant, PO9 1HS