Segensworth North West, Fareham
The opportunity / type:
Segensworth North West has been allocated for a mix of employment uses, specifically general industrial and/or storage & distribution uses with ancillary offices.
The Segensworth North West site straddles the boundaries of Fareham and Winchester Council areas, with the majority of the site within Fareham. It is located to the south of the M27 and to the west of Junction 9, between the cities of Southampton and Portsmouth. Swanwick station is immediately west of the site. Access is from the A27 Segensworth Roundabout via the Segensworth West employment area, Little Park Farm Road and a restricted width railway bridge.
Segensworth North West is allocated for employment uses. The allocation is for employment space (B1, B2, B8) of approximately 11,200 sq. m. The site as a whole does not yet have planning permission, however, consent has been granted for a commercial storage use on part of the site.
Plot size and estimated employment floor space provision:
(table below is a breakdown of available development land and estimated floor space (GIA) at Little Park Farm)
|Plot size (ha)||Plot size (Acres)||Floor space (sq. ft.)||Floor space (sq. m)|
- The primary access to the site is currently a single track lane (Little Park Farm Road) accessed from Segensworth West Industrial Estate to the south, which passes underneath the railway line (in control of Network Rail) on entry to the site
- Interim road improvements are programmed which will allow access for HGV traffic up to 3.65m wide and 4.85m high. Preliminary engineering design plans are available on request
- Proposals for substantial road and bridge access reconstruction are planned which will enable all unescorted sizes of HGV traffic to access the site. Engineering designs for these works, including cycleway and pedestrian access are available on request
- A number of oak trees on the periphery of the site are protected by a Tree Preservation Order. These will be incorporated into the actual landscaping scheme for the site and is allowed for within the net developable site areas
- It is anticipated that primary development platforms would offer approximately 5.119 ha net
- An initial ecological survey supports the concept of development
- Consideration of the noise impact and air pollution resulting from the site’s proximity to the M27 must be considered in any development proposals.
Local authority: Fareham Borough Council
Development address: Little Park Farm Road, Fareham, PO15 5SW