University of Portsmouth £100m landmark
Monday September 14th, 2020
The University of Portsmouth are investing £100 million – their largest ever investment – in a new city landmark.
This outstanding sustainable and environmentally responsible building will house the Faculty of Business and Law and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. It will have some of the largest teaching spaces on campus.
The academic workspaces are focused around two triple-height atriums – the Park Room and the City Room – each with a large ocular window with fantastic views out to the park, city and the sea There will also be a 500 seat lecture theatre that can be hired and used as a spectacular venue for the city.
New academic building facilities include:
- 250-seat and 500-seat lecture theatres
- Two 150-seat flat classrooms
- Court room, laboratories and a video production suite
- Ground floor events and exhibition space
- Offices and meeting rooms
- Roof terrace