EM3 Enterprise Zone, Basing View in Basingstoke
Wednesday June 12th, 2019
Enterprise Zones are designated areas across England that provide tax breaks and Government support. They are great places to do business especially for both new and expanding firms.
Basing View, Basingstoke
The Enterprise Zone at Basing View, Basingstoke is already the location for a wide variety of organisations, ranging from start-ups to global corporate. Basing View is a 65-acre business district situated in Basingstoke’s town centre.
- A £50 million Network Rail regional operating and national training centre;
- The largest combined John Lewis at Home and Waitrose stores in the country;
- A new 60,535 sq ft speculative Grade A office development – targeted for completion in spring 2018;
- Plans for a new 153-bedroomed business class are in progress;
- £2.3 million award-winning landscape works to improve the landscaping, wayfinding, and public realm;
- Great connections to the rest of the UK and Europe, with London 52 miles by road and a 41-minute train ride. Heathrow airport is only 45 minutes by road from Basingstoke. It is also very close to the cities of Portsmouth and Southampton.
Businesses located on Enterprise Zones can receive a range of benefits including:
- 100% business rates discount, worth up to £275,000 over a five year period
- High quality Business Support at each site
- Excellent transport links to London and the UKs main airports of Heathrow and Gatwick
- A highly skilled and talented workforce, with proximity to first-rate academic institutions
- Exciting potential for R&D collaboration with world class institutes on your doorstep, including The Pirbright Institute, 5G Innovation Centre, Surrey Centre for Cyber Security, and The Institute for Cyber Security Innovation
- Expert support to help access the Government R&D Tax Credit scheme
- Access to global markets through Department for International Trade.